Oh coconut oil. People are talking this stuff up, and for very good reason. The list of benefits goes on and on; use it for teeth, skin, hair, inside and out…think along the lines of windex in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Just use it everywhere. This picture is of me swishing the stuff for, yes, 20 whole minutes (a process called oil pulling). I know you’re thinking that sounds absurd, but its not that bad.
I can spend 20 minutes thinking about how much it sucks or I can just glob a spoonful in and reap the benefits, then boom 20 min has wizzed by. Do it while showering, getting ready for work, learning, playing, whatever you do, wherever you’re going.
How do I do this stuff you ask?
- buy a jar of virgin unrefined organic coconut oil
- go home, open jar and scoop some out with your clean hand or a spoon
- put in your mouth- you may have to play with how much you use (somewhere around a spoonful) if you take too much, spit some out it’s cool
- look at time, and swish for 20 min past that time- or the best you can do on that day
- spit out in a trash can- don’t want that goopieness to clog your drains (it actually gets pretty thin after swishing, but better safe than sorry)
- rinse mouth, if you haven’t brushed your teeth alreads, go ahead and do that before you leave for the day mmk
Coconut Oil Benefits:
- Proven Alzheimers disease natural treatment
- Prevents heart disease and high blood pressure
- Treats UTI and kidney infection and protects the liver
- Reduces inflammation and arthritis
- Cancer prevention and treatment
- Immune system boost
- Improves memory and brain function
- Improves energy and endurance
- Improves digestion and reduces stomach ulcers and ulcerative colitis
- Reduces symptoms of galbladder disease and pancreatitis
- Improves skin issues (burns, eczema, dandruff, dermatitis, and psoriasis)
- Prevents gum disease and tooth decay
- Prevents osteoporosis
- Improves type II diabetes
- Beneficial in weight loss
- Helps build muscle and lose body fat
- Improves hair thickness and health
- Treats candida and yeast infections
- Balances hormones
You can use this coconut oil in cooking, in coffee or tea, on toast, rub it on your skin, hair, etc to get all these wonderful benefits above. I’ll post more on how to use it in these ways.
Oil-pulling specifically helps with gum and teeth health, helps improve gum recession and removes toxins from the body. I’ve been doing it for three weeks so far and I’m loving the way my gums feel and look.
I’ll keep you updated along with more posts on how to get healthy teeth and gums naturally. wooohoo
your personal dental hygienist who is keeping herself out of the dental office and in the real world