Ok, so first soup down and…not too shabby.
This took me all of two minutes to throw in a cup, make pretty and snap this picture…flowers make everything better 🙂
Listed in the picture below, you will find the ingredients by number so the directions are easier to follow while cooking. Sorry for the messiness, I’ll clean up my act next go round. The prices of all the ingredients are listed in white. So, assuming you start with none of them, the soup will cost you around $67.00 to make (insert bug eyes). It’s ok, I was shocked too. Cardimom turned out to be aggressive with its fancy $10.99 per bottle price tag. Scandalous.
BUT… once you get over the initial shock of some of these spices, you will reap the benefits of budget friendly soup in the future. The second time you go to make this soup, you will be looking at a much more comfortable $15 price tag because you will have most of the essentials on hand already. That’s less than $3 a bowl for this yummy healthiness!
All in all, it took me a about an hour to chop, measure, and throw everything together. It might take you longer, you might put me to shame and cook four times faster. There’s no right or wrong here, get the same end product. You will need a blender for this recipe- that’s what makes it so creamy and delicious! I used a nutribullet but any blender should work because the cauliflower gets nice and soft. I included a picture below as well to show what it starts to look like after blending. I threw in more spices at this stage because it needed some more love.
Ingredients in recipes are just basic guidelines. I didn’t have coconut milk, so I used almond milk. I added more spices because I’m big on the flavor. Have some carrots on hand you want to add? Throw em in. Want to add chicken or mushrooms for added flavor and nutrients? Throw those in too. It’s your soup, your life. Make it amazing!
Well, what does this soup do for your body?
The following can help to:
- Olive Oil: reduces inflammation, has antioxidants, helps prevent strokes, protective against heart disease, lowers blood pressure, may help fight Alzheimer’s disease, protective against diabetes, anti-cancer properties, helps treat Rheumatoid arthritis, anti-bacterial properties
- Yellow Onion: heart health, anti-inflammatory, immune system strength, helps reduce risk of breast colon, prostate, ovarian, endometrial, and lung tumors, promotes good digestion, regulates blood sugar, improves bone density in women (sorry dudes)
- Bay Leaves: improves digestion, treats respiratory conditions, eliminates bad cholesterol from cardiovascular system, aids in managing diabetes, improves health of hair follicles, helps to alleviate various respiratory conditions, facilitates digestion and nutrient intake, helps to lower levels of stress hormones in body, aids in reducing inflammation caused by sore joints and arthritis
- Cumin: aids digestion, boosts immune system, treats respiratory disorders, promotes skin health, treats insomnia, prevents diabetes, has anti-viral and antibacterial properties, promotes detoxification, prevents cancer
- Sea Salt: helps avoid dehydration and balance fluids, helps regulate heartbeat, helps allow muscles to contract, promotes blood sugar health, can help reduce the signs of aging, prevents muscle cramps, regulates your sleep, increases energy, regulates BP, promotes vascular health, promotes healthy PH balance and electrolyte balance
- Turmeric: anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, improves brain function and a lowers risk of brain diseases, lowers risk of heart disease, helps prevent and treat cancer, helps prevent and treat Alzheimer’s disease, helps reduce arthritis symptoms, benefits against depression, helps delay aging and fight age related chronic disease
- Coriander: lowers blood sugar, eases digestive discomfort, decrease blood pressure, fights food poisoning, improves cholesterol levels, helps urinary tract infections, supports healthy menstrual function, may prevent neurological inflammation and disease
- Cardamom: prevents colorectal cancer (some kind of weird combo of colon and rectal cancer I’m assuming…nah thanks), protects heart health, anti-depressant, prevents gastrointestinal diseases, antimicrobial properties, good for muscle and joint pain, improved dental care, anti-asthmatic properties, detoxifies the body, improves blood circulation, treats nausea, sore throats, and vomiting, aphrodisiac properties (yeas please), breath freshener for the cake topper
- Black Pepper: improves digestion, weight loss, improves skin (cure vitiligo), relief from sinusitis and nasal congestion, antibacterial properties, antioxidant potential, enhances bio-availability*, improves cognitive function (reduce memory impairment and cognitive malfunction, treats peptic ulcers, prevents asthma
- Red Pepper Flakes: may help with weight loss, full of antioxidants, boosts immune system, heart healthy, beneficial for diabetics
- Garlic: combat sickness, including common cold, reduces blood pressure, improves cholesterol levels, prevents Alzheimer;s disease and dementia, fight infectious disease, improves athletic performance (reduces fatigue), helps detoxify heavy metals in the body, improves bone health
- Cauliflower: helps reduce cancer risk, fights inflammation, decreases risk of heart disease and brain disorders, improves digestion and detoxification, aids in weight loss, helps balance hormones, preserves eye health
All hail the cauli
- Coconut Milk: improves heart health, lowers BP and cholesterol, builds muscle and helps lose fat, provides electrolytes and prevents fatigue, helps lose weight, improves digestion and helps relieve constipation, can help manage blood sugar and control diabetes, may help prevent anemia, helps prevent joint pain and arthritis, helps prevent ulcers
- Almond Milk: may help prevent and manage certain cancers, aids in weight loss, keeps your heart strong, helps build strong teeth and bones, fights free radical damage and disease formation, may slow the process of Alzheimer’s
- Apple Cider Vinegar: regulates blood sugar levels, enhances weight loss, lowers cholesterol, improves skin health, reduces blood pressure, relieves symptoms of acid reflux
- Dill: may help reduce menstrual cramps, helps reduce depression, lowers cholesterol, may act as natural bug repellent, may treat epilepsy, provides a source of energy, aids in digestion, antimicrobial effects, protects against free radicals
So, you don’t have to read through this entire list, but the benefits are longer than the ingredients and directions; so that’s wins. I don’t see McDonald’s listing all the benefits of their food items; and a brand of cereal is doing well if it lists five health benefits…